Saturday, December 5, 2009

Quick Chair Makeover

I was at a bit of a loose end this afternoon so I grabbed this old chair I have had for years and got stuck into it. It had pink fur on it after it's last transformation and had found a home in my daughter's bedroom but it was getting more use than her drawers were and was most often buried under a pile of clothes. After recovering it with a lovely neutral french linen...okay, okay, it's drop-cloth, I decided to add some buttons to the seat pad, so I covered these in a black linen...that part's true :o) At one point (that's a pun, you'll see why in a minute) I had the seat part resting on my lap and was pushing quite firmly to get the loooong upholstery needle through all the thicknesses. It didn't seem to want to budge...then I felt a searing pain in my thigh.....just wish I'd had the camera handy, might have added some drama to my post!
The chair is now listed on ebay and I hope it finds a nice home.








7 comments:

Six divided by two..... said...

What an awesome transformation!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Ange said...

Always handy to know someone dandy with reupholstering... Wanna come to France ;-) ? Looks very professionall!

Stella and Pearl said...

Your chair is definitley 'up' , looks wonderful, you have done an amazing job!

FILIGREE MOON said...

Super cute! ~ Angela

the old boathouse said...

Wow what a great job, how clever are you!! Love it.

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Beautiful job Ange! Although I love pink.... I think this suits this chair wonderfully!

Blessings ~ Teresa

Susie said...

Hi Ange - you're so clever! When we go to our French class on Tuesday nights, on the other side of the corridor is an upholstery class..I keep peeping in and watching all the transformations taking place and wondering....but I have too many unfinished projects lurking in cupboards reminding me of my total lack of any skill as a needlewoman...you did a great job! Love Susie x