Phew, this project was a bit of a marathon.
When I posted about it earlier, I mentioned that I was using some fabric that was foam-backed, thinking this would add to the comfort level. However.... I didn't realise what a pig it would be to sew!!!!(no offense to pig-lovers out there!) It just point-blank refused to feed through the machine. I ended up having to line all the edges that needed to be sewn, with cotton fabric. As sewing is my least favourite step in the upholstery process, I was not a happy chappy (just ask my hubby).
All that aside, I am delighted with the result.
Thanks to those of you whose comments kept me motivated and to Janice from Canadian Cottage whose comment today prompted me to get on with this post. Be sure to check out her beautiful blog!!!
I added black-painted ball feet.
And So, The New Decor At The White House Begins!
12 minutes ago