Thursday, May 6, 2010

TV Cabinet Makeover










I have another finished project to share with you all.
Firstly, can I say THANKS for all the kind and encouraging comments many of you have left, what a buzz!
This project is a corner TV cabinet which I won on ebay for $46. Not a huge bargain but it was the right piece of furniture for the spot I wanted it.
The handles are from a set that I won on ebay last month which I painted white. The interesting thing about the handles is that as soon as I set foot inside the sellers house I knew I had found a kindred spirit. I couldn't stop myself from checking out her lovely interior decor. She has some beautiful pieces of furniture and I had to control myself from wandering off to check out the rest of her home! We got chatting and I mentioned that I do a bit of upholstery. Well, out of that short conversation (hubby and girls were waiting patiently in the car for me) I am now reupholstering her large ottoman and 8 dining chairs for her. When she said that she would remove all the staples from the chairs before she dropped them off to me, I could swear I heard a choir of angels singing the Hallelujah chorus from Handels Messiah.
So I guess I'll have a few more posts up my sleeve.... never a dull moment:o)
I have just realised that the script for this post is in some random spot between my photos and I still don't know how to move it around so I'm sorry about that!






16 comments:

brismod said...

You are so funny Ange. I think your corner cabinet looks good with the new handles. Lovely work as always!

The Pink Poodle said...

Hey Ange...
firstly I am glad you have trouble like ME!!re computer stuff..(just being a silly billy!))..

The cabinet has come up a treat...
Isnt it funny when we meet "kindred" spirits & we click etc..
I have met soo many lovely people when they have bought stuff from my ebay site..

Soo your next post will definately be how the chairs etc look when finished..
I am sure they will look fab...what colour scheme is she wanting??

have a great weekend...(I still havent turned on the new computer yet..still in the box..too chicken)!!

xx andrea

Lorna said...

That's a great makeover, well done!

Lou from http://tlhtc.blogspot.com/

the old boathouse said...

hi Ange, Great job...I can just imagine you in your new friends house...how funny...I am just the same cheers Katherine

Tina said...

Love your cabinet makeover Ange. The colour is gorgeous and those handles are fabulous!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend and a lovely Mothers Day for Sunday ~ Tina x

Kym said...

Hi Ange love your TV cabinet....we don't get to see too many of them in deco mags...always wonder what people do with their TVs..LOL.. Thanks for offering some wonderful advice about my kitchen but I think I'll have to work on changing huubys mind about the paint..I think I have a plan..will post about that later. Have a great weekend Kym X

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the makeover of the tv cabinet.
Can't beat meeting a kindred spirit
Alison

Erica @ Decorica said...

Much better! Can't wait to see her ottoman and chairs once you're done with them.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

You did a wonderful job and I love the color :) Have a wonderful day!

Amor Designs said...

You did a great job on your tv unit!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Great job on the tv cabinet, Ange, and congrats on getting a new client to boot! I like that the cabinet and the tv aren't center stage, but allow the other pretties in the room to be the focal point.
Hope you're doing well, and thanks for following DD.

Jules said...

What a magic transformation! So pleased to hear that someone else isn't quite sure how to do some things on their blog! Have a lovely Mothers Day

Janean said...

double fab!!!!

happy mothers day too!

Redesign Diva said...

I likey that makeover...hope your mothers day was restful!

Sprout Gallery said...

That's so funny. I am just about to paint the exact same TV cabinet. I hate it in pine and thought it would look good in white. Now that I've seen it, I am definately going to start it this week.

Sprout Gallery said...

That's so funny. I am just about to paint the exact same TV cabinet. I hate it in pine and thought it would look good in white. Now that I've seen it, I am definately going to start it this week.