Monday, August 31, 2009

"Stripe-ing it lucky"

Couch before recovering. (the day we "moved in")
Below is the couch in all it's glory, very striking (or is that stripe-ing)
Excuse all the puns, it's a family thing.




One of my favourite things to do is to reupholster chairs, sofa's and lounge suites. I learnt this skill attending an adult nightclass years ago in Tauranga, New Zealand and it has provided me with many moments of challenge and fulfillment. I would love to share some of my projects with you over time starting with the sofa that is currently in our "formal lounge" (I use the term formal very loosely). I painted the timber base black and covered it in a lovely wide stripe ( I have a thing for stripes). The couch was an auction find and was in reasonable condition so only really needed recovering.

No comments: