Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bergere Chairs






I am very much anticipating getting stuck into these chairs, (there are 2 identical chairs). I was lucky enough to purchase them for an absolute BARGAIN off ebay from a lovely lady here on the Gold Coast. Turns out she is an interior designer and had bought these overseas, I guess with the intention of having them upholstered. She was having a clean out before moving into her new home and just wanted to off load them....lucky me. They already had black primer on them so I painted one of them a green/grey colour that I am particularly fond of. However I am having second thoughts now. I think I will find some fabric first and then choose the paint. I have a project book for my chair up ideas and my inspiration page for the bergere chairs shows some examples of how great they can look. I haven't actually upholstered anything from the bare frame before so am looking forward to the challenge.

No comments: