Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Side-Tracked











Had to re-arrange the lounge today to make room for the 2 sofa's that are coming first thing in the morning. (I got them for a song on ebay $25 for the pair). They're only going in the lounge because there's no longer room in the garage. They will only be in there until I have time to recover them and flick them on (unless I get attached as is usually the case...is it only me?) I think I'll do them black with grey trim.

So while I was moving furniture around I got a tad sidetracked and ended up with a camera in my hand...how does THAT happen? Took a few shots of the coffee table.....I wish I was better at arranging displays....my favourite mirror which I have painted since I got it, a corner in the lounge and a sideboard I got at an auction which I painted black and added shiny chrome handles. Am tempted to paint it white but don't want to be impulsive and regret it...tell me what you think.

Ange

3 comments:

Pineapple Villa said...

Hi Ange, i actuallY LOVE that sideboard painted black. I have noticed black is really coming back (and not in a shiny 80's way) but think it looks very stylish when combined with pale colours. Good buying there on the sofas and am sure you will put your upholstery skills to them asap! Mel xxx

Unknown said...

Yay - 2 more sofas!! At least I always have somewhere to sit/lie down even if I have to park my car outside the garage.

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Hi Ange! Thanks so much for the nice comments on my blog! I really appreciate your input! I love that beautiful sideboard!! I think it looks very nice dressed in black! You don't give yourself enough credit... you are excellent at displays! & great price on those sofa's! I hope you take pics to share when you are finished with them! I take it that must be your hubby's comment above? Too funny!
~ Hope you guys have a great day! ~ Teresa