Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Okay, I'll Put You Out of Your Misery!


I can just imagine you've all been losing sleep, wondering just what it was that I was going to do with this...;o)


Here, take a closer look...



Okay, do you give up????




It's our pseudo-upholstered bedhead :o)

















I haven't done much to this room since we moved in, just added the blinds. It still needs painting, new flooring, the walls need adorning with something stylish. At first I had the bed up against the left hand wall but it was under a small, high window and I didn't like the look. Having it arranged this way makes the room appear larger and although it's not ideal having the bed up against a full length window, it works for now. I'm loving the bedhead now. The 2 canvasses fit perfectly into the recesses in the bedhead, couldn't believe my luck.

I'd like to make mention of a blog I have found and am really enjoying. Erica at decorica is an interior decorator in Massachusetts. I know she would love it if you took the time to visit.

18 comments:

FILIGREE MOON said...

Fabulous! ~ Angela

Katrina said...

GET OUT OF TOWN! That is the best idea. You are too clever!!!! Love it :)

Stella and Pearl said...

So Clever, all your ideas are very inspiring!

brismod said...

Ange, that is very clever indeed!

Anna White said...

Oh Ange...how fantastic...what a top idea...hat off to you darling ..you are too clever!! :) x

Katrina said...

Wow Ange, small world! Where in Tatton? I work for Dennis Family Homes and spend all my week over in Tatton in our display. That is so funny!!!!

Katrina said...

What?? Hilarious! My email is katrina_chambers@bigpond.com. Send me the think to the post, would love to see ! I know the house. I have been in our display for 2 years at 13 Wellington Ave!!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Wow .. how ingeneous. Great upholstered look. It plays well up against the window blinds.

Erica @ Decorica said...

Hi Ange,

Thanks for the mention, glad your enjoying my blog.

Your bed looks fantastic - very chic!

xoxo
Erica
www.decorica.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! Great creative design.AK.
http://akmagnoliahouse.blogspot.com/

Ange said...

TRES CHIC!!

Susie said...

Hi Ange - you are so clever - I love double duty acquisitions - the bedhead looks great!! thank you so much for your sweet comment! Susie x

desde my ventana said...

Hi Ange thank you for visiting me and live so nice comment.I am glad to know your blog that I follow from today.
Have a happy day,
Cecilia

the old boathouse said...

Super stylish and sleek very high end indeed... love them, cheers Katherine

Sandra said...

Looks fabulous Ange, bedhead did go through my mind but I thought it was too small, didn't realize there were two but still wouldn't have thought of inserting them like you have, I was just thinking of boring ole against the wall headboard....
I knew you would come up with something fabulous.

Jennifer said...

Wonderful ideas! Really different and sweet - makes me want to kick back and relax! Stop by and visit me! Jennifer

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Oooo, great idea! Lucky you that they fit. I love all of your little touches in the room too.
Kelly

Unknown said...

The headboard look so neat and romantic as well as the room itself. I think it is perfectly for couples or for those people who want to be more relaxed. As for me because I'm still a bachelor, my room look like very modern and masculine. It has a touch of metal and brass which I got from brass tube suppliers and sheet brass suppliers near our home.