Monday, January 18, 2010

Still Crafting

So, the craft bug has bitten me bad and I go to bed at night with a million ideas racing around in my head, but I love it!

I picked up these pretty tile hooks in NZ, but I'm not into pretty so much any more....





so with a coat of black paint around the border,(looking better already), 3 white tiles and painted initials for each of my kids....




they are ready for 3 fluffy white towels to be picked up off the floor(!) and hung up.


Next, I brought these stones back from NZ too. I guess they looked a bit suss to the customs officer as he did a bag check.


I popped them in this nice shadow box (also from NZ, I love The Warehouse!) and found a spot for them here.





And last, but not least, I framed these wee Kimmidolls for my youngest daughter. She is into anything Japanesey at the moment, (how do you make a japanese parasol fit into try-hard scandanavian decor?!?!)











Just in need of 2 pretty hooks.






This is the birthday cake I made her in December and it went down a treat (literally!)





18 comments:

brismod said...

You've been busy since your holiday, Ange! The hooks are great and I love the framed little dolls.

Pineapple Villa said...

Oooh Ange you are so clever. Love what you got up to today. That cake is divine - was it hard to do? Well, i painted (1st coat) the bathroom cabinet and washed all my slipcovers which is my most hated job ever. not exactly creative but...
Love the pegs and rocks and all of it. Mel xxx

Anna White said...

Fantastic little projects you got stuck in Ange..I especially love what you did with the 3 hooks..awesome! Good skills x

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Love it all Ange!! Wow! Those hooks look awesome! Very pretty cake too! There is no end to your talents!!

Big Hugs ~ Teresa

FILIGREE MOON said...

Great projects, especially adore the framed dolls! And the awesome cake. ~ Angela

Renae said...

ooooh I love your projects...so creative and very fun!
ps....thanks for coming by!
xx

the old boathouse said...

Ange you are too clever love them all!!

The Pink Poodle said...

Dear Ange...what a clever busy little beaver you have been!!

everything looks terrific...

xx andrea

Ange said...

Quite simply stunning Ange. Hmm - if that's the result of holiday time in NZ - I know where I'm going next for some creative stimulation!

Kellie Collis said...

THat new colour looks great on those tile hooks!

Erica @ Decorica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica @ Decorica said...

What a transformation! Funny what a little black paint can do. And those dolls are adorable framed like that...she's lucky to have a crafty mom.

jamaica byles said...

I love the framed kimmie dolls....too cute.I think they would fit nicely in your decor.And great job with the hooks....

Brabourne Farm said...

I love what you did with the old tiles and the stones look fabulous framed. Leigh

Meg said...

Wow, great projects. You are giving me some awesom ideas:) Thx!!

Thx for your comment at our laundry room, Im so looking forward to finish this room... its been like this - plus some more stuff from my husbands (former) hobby, so it is about time.... hihi!

I like to add your blog, hope that`s ok.

http://smaasteg.blogspot.com/

Sandra said...

They look fantastic Ange, love what you have done with them, I see you went with the stripes on that chair, that was my pick, love how it turned out.
You have done a great job as always.

cate said...

The new hooks look divine & I was impressed to see you placed plastic down on the floor before you started to paint something I sometime forget to do !!! Now you have me inspiried watch out glue gun...:) Cate

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Hi! First I wanna thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!
I've browsed through yours and I like your home! You've done a lot to make your house a beautiful home. I really like your hooks and stones.
And fitting japanese parasols into a scandinavian-style home??? I think you've to paint them white, hey, hey!!!